Monday 22 November 2010

The Mo-staaaash story


November is a month that has been hijacked by men growing moustaches for the benefit of prostate cancer sufferers. It’s hard to imagine an equivalent month where women don’t wear makeup; it’s not completely equivalent, but it’s probably similarly horrifying.

Anyway, men love this kind of thing, purely because any attention is better than no attention… and it’s for a good cause!
I (thank goodness) accidentally shaved on November the 2nd, fully unaware of the momentous decision I was accidentally making, accidentally.
Anyway, someone has to give money to these people, so the more people that accidentally shave accidentally the better.

My friend Joel Michelin Stokes, born August 2nd on a warm or cold summers morning, evening, day or night had selflessly grown a moustache along with some of his fellow Johnny English Reborn production colleagues. Joel grows a great beard; just like a mossy rock, but seems to have problems with moustaches.

For this reason I decided that Joel needed some sponsorship; but I didn’t get round to it until his second speculative email arrived with a convenient link to his mo-space page.
I clicked through and was not surprised to find that Joel had aptly named himself Giles Keyte, pronounced “Yjeels Kayt”, a French chauvinist womaniser whose moustache would be irresistible to all ladies by the end of the month.

Thoroughly impressed by Joel’s creativity in creating middle class alter-egos I promptly sponsored him and left a message informing him to:
“use this money to purchase a moustache comb, I know it’s meant to be for charity but they won’t notice the odd moustache comb here and there, relax!”

Feeling very satisfied with my days work and thanking my lucky stars for accidentally shaving accidentally on November the 2nd, I had a look around the Johnny English movember team. There was an amazing group picture of all the crew with Johnny English with an amazing big moustache and Joel with his shining white face.


I had a look at the my friend Yjeels’ team mates and noticed a member by the name of Joel Stokes… Oh crumbs!

Conclusion: Joel had mistakenly sent me a link to his fellow Movember member Giles Keyte, pronounced “Giles Keyte”, thus directly facilitating a transfer of sponsorship from me to him aswell as a comedy message requesting he buys a moustache comb with charity funds. How we laughed.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. genuinley cried cause I was laughing so hard at this ...

    ReplyDelete